Monday, June 3, 2013

Ahhhh, what a day!

Saturday was one of those days that just worked out. Maya and my mother in law went into the American Girl Store in Manhattan and Maya was in HEAVEN! She got a doll, had her hair done, ears pierced and lunch with her Grandma Rose. She cannot stop talking about it and both of them were glowing with happiness afterwards!
I got to spend the day with my little brother who lives in the city. He and I have definitely become closer as adults (I went to college when he was eleven and was married when he was seventeen) and it was fun to hang out with him as siblings (aka without kids!). We even had wine...we were super sophisticated... On a side note, if you find yourself looking for a wine bar in Manhattan check out Cork Buzz and, if you're adventurous, order the chicken liver mousse with lemon-thyme doughnuts. Sounds crazy but it was unbelievably delicious!
On the way into the city I did get some knitting done. I cast on the collar of my nephew's Baby Sophisticate and got some rows done. I'm seeing him next weekend for Maya's recital, I'm hoping I can finish it by then!
Rembember there is still time to order your Jamberry Nails!
At checkout choose "MammaGranate Online Party" from the drop down box beside "is this order associated with a party?"
Right now it's buy three get one free!
Party ends June 14th

No comments: